Construction Division & Job Site Safety
Van Kirk & Sons has a high moral obligation to provide safe and clean working environments for our workers as well as other non-related Van Kirk employees on all job-sites. Van Kirk holds their management accountable for accidents and job site cleanliness, as well as productivity, cost, schedules, and quality.
Division 13 – Special Construction
- In-Ground Concrete Swimming Pools and Spas
- Aquatic Park Facilities
Division 02 – Site Work
Van Kirk & Sons Has:
- A written company safety policy and program.
- A full time safety coordinator and an in-house safety coordinator who is responsible for compliance and implementation on all projects.
- Monthly documented safety meetings for all field supervisors, new hires, subcontractors and vendors.
- A requirement that all project managers have OSHA training courses, and all other staff members take OSHA training, first-aid and CPR.
- Prompt reporting and full investigations of any accidents that occurred on the jobsite.
- A substance abuse policy which includes:
- Pre-hire/Initial Employment
- Random and Periodic checks